Doppler-broadening preprocessor routine
From Serpent Wiki
Revision as of 13:07, 22 February 2016 by Tuomas Viitanen (Talk | contribs) (→Pitfalls)
- The preprocessor does NOT adjust the temperature of thermal scattering data. For moderator materials, the temperature of thermal scattering data must be changed separately by either
- changing the library defined in the therm card or
- interpolating the thermal scattering data between two temperatures using the therm card
- The preprocessor does NOT adjust the temperature of the unresolved region probability tables. When modeling fast systems, the temperature dependence of reaction rates can be modeled (accurately) only by using ACE libraries corresponding to the exact temperature of each material. These ACE libraries can be processed using NJOY.
- The preprocessor does NOT adjust the energy grid of the cross section in the temperature adjustment process. Consequently, the resulting energy grid is suboptimal such that
- the resulting cross section requires slightly more memory than what a cross section processed with NJOY would require at the same temperature and
- the reconstruction tolerance of the resulting cross section is unknown. Differences may be seen in highly accurate comparisons.